August favourites 2016

  • Just One Day series by Gayle Forman
I got the first two books from the library and read the #2.5 as an ebook. I really loved reading about Allyson and Willem and I loved the fact that he was Dutch. Not a lot of authors write about Dutch people (even less about Belgian people) and I like that Gayle Forman did. It was something different. I loved the story and the characters and that it wasn't just a simple love story. Click here to find out more about the first book in the Just One Day series.
  •  Suicide Squad pop-up store
It's not actually a thing, but a place/event and I really liked it. I fangirled really bad and even got a fake tattoo lol. I really liked being at the store and watch other people fangirl like I was fangirling. I made a blog post about it, so make sure you check it out. And click here to watch the trailer.

  • Wiser - Madilyn Bailey
Wiser is a song written by Madilyn Bailey and lately I love listening to it. I love what it's about and it really gets me. Normally I listen to metalcore and hardcore, but sometimes I listen to softer music such as Melanie Martinez and PVRIS, and lately also to Madilyn Bailey. Click here to listen to the song.
  •  Harley Quinn #1 en #2 (2016) by DC Comics 

When I saw the trailer of Suicide Squad I fell in love with Harley Quinn so I was checking out some comics about her and this one was new. I started reading it and got sucked into her world. I love that she told some things about herself, because I actually don't know much about her. I can't wait to read the third comic and the others about her! Click here to get to know more about the comic.
  • TAO Serenity
TAO Serenity is a drink that helps with digestion and should help with stress. Since I only drank it once, I can't really tell that it helped. But I do love the flavour. TAO Serenity consists of starfruit, dragonfruit, rooibos, tea, ginger and vitamins (B1-B6 and E). It's so delicious and I would definetly drink it again!


  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Thorns and Roses is such an amazing book about faeries! When I started reading it, it was a bit slow. But when I read more, I began to love it more and more! I really love the concept and it's defintely one of my favourites! Click here for my English review, and here for my Dutch review. If you don't know this book, click here for more information about the book.
  • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han 
 P.S. I Still Love You is the sequel of To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I loved o All the Boys I've Loved Before and I had to read the sequel. After reading the sequel I want the third and final book! I love Peter and I can't get enough of him. If you don't know what the first book is about, click here. And if you don't know the sequel, click here.
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Marvel Comics)
Captain America is one of my babes from Marvel and when there's a movie with him, I have to see it! (Shame on me that I still haven't watched Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Age of Ultron, but soon I will!) And Captain America: The Winter Soldier didn't let me down. It was such a good movie and I loved the relationship between Captain America/Steve Rogers and Black Widow/Natasha Romanova. I still have to read the comics, but I will soon. First I'm going to read more of the Suicide Squad comics and then I'm going to start in some Marvel comics. Click here to watch the trailer of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  • Game of Thrones season 6  (HBO)
I've watched the majority of season 6 in August because my boyfriend never had time to watch GoT with me and then he wanted to see Vikings season 3 so we had to finish GoT before we could watch Vikings. So in August we watched more or less 6 episodes. I think season 6 was really good and I cannot wait for season 7! Click here to watch the trailer of season 1 if you haven't watched GoT and click here to watch the trailer of season 6.
  • It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
It Ends with Us is such a beautiful and hearbreaking book. Even though it was really hard to read it (because it was so emotional) I finished it in two days. I love you Colleen Hoover!!!
The story is about Lily. Her dad is abusive towards her mom and she falls in love with Atlas, but he leaves to go to the marine. Later she meets Ryle and everythings seems right, until that one moment... I'm not going to say too much, becaue if you're going to read the book, it's best to know not much about it. That's how I did it and that made the story even better. If you still want to know what the book is about, click here. And soon my review of It Ends with Us will be up on my blog.

Legend: The Graphic Novel is such a fast paced graphic novel. It's been a while since I've read Legend, but I could easily follow the story. I love the way June and Day are drawn, I didn't really know how to imagine them in my head, but they way they are in the graphic novel, is just perfect. If you want to find out more about Legend, click here, and if you want to find out more about the graphic novel, click here.
  • A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter

A Mad Zombie Party is the fourth and final book in The White Rabbit Chronicles and it's sooooo good! I expected it to be not as good as the other 3 books in the series, because now Frosty and Milla are the points of view and not Ali. But I was wrong, it was so good and one of the best endings for a series. I love you Gena Showalter! Click here to read something about the first book if you don't know the series yet and click here for the synopsis of book 4.