Shadowhunters SE1 | Review

Title: Shadowhunters
Created by: Ed Decter
Based on: The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Seasons (watched): 1 season
Rating: ★★★★

Review

Shadowhunters is a TV show based on The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. It tells the story of Clary Fray who never knew she was a Shadowhunter until she met Jace and his friends Isabelle and Alec. Her world has been turned upside down since then.

First I want to say that I love the book series (I still need to read the last book) and that I wished the TV show would be the same. When they told us that they would change things, I was a little irritated because I loved the books so much. But later I got over it. I was too excited to watch the show and didn't wanted to waste my time worrying about things that wouldn't be the same. 

Episode after episode the TV show became better, and I couldn't wait until it was Wednesday so I could watch the new episode (I'm from Belgium so I can't watch it on Tuesday). Even though a lot is different, I still loved season 1. I just forgot about the books when I was watching the show. And I know a lot of people think it's horrible that they changed a lot and they whine about it, but they said before the first episode aired that things would be different. I think that if you can't live with it, you just don't watch the show and irritate other people with your opinion.

Overall I think season 1 was great. This season contained a lot of action and romance. You got to know more about their culture and stuff (for example the wedding runes) and I think that the cast is really great (even though not everyone matches the description from the books). I really like Clary because I wouldn't pick another actrice for her. I loved that they dyed her hair more orange than in the movie. I think Izzy is amazing too, she's so kickass and I love that she's so sexy. Jace, Alec and Magnus are great too! I love how they look and the way they act. I just can't wait for season 2!!!