The Hobbit | Review

Title: The Hobbit
Author: J.R.R.Tolkien
Pages: 388 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: HarperCollins

Book rating: ★★★ 1/2
Movie Rating: ★★★★★


Review

I loved the movies so much that I wanted to read the book too.
I've marked this book as to read a very long time ago and I wouldn't have seen the movies if my boyfriend didn't love them so much. I watched the first and the second movie in January and February 7th, my boyfriend and I went to the cinema to see the third movie. I loved all of them and I'm kind of sad that the third movie is the last movie. They were so beautiful, funny and emotinal. The landscapes were so beautiful, the characters were funny and I loved Tauriel. She's so pretty and when I went to the cinema I did my hair like hers.

When I started reading The Hobbit I had high expectations because the movies were so good. I kinda didn't like that some of the characters were a little bit different. For example Kili and Fili are both blonde in the book and in the movie Kili had brown hair?!
I did like that in the movie they used quotes from the book and I liked the fact that Tolkien sometimes wrote things to us:

I imagine you know the answer, of course, or can guess it as easy as winking, since you are sitting comfortably at home and have not the danger of being eaten to disturb your thinking.

Something I kinda didn't like is the fact that Tauriel didn't excist in the book. I loved her so much and I loved the thing she and Kili had and it just didn't happen in the book. So many things are different and it was a bit annoying.

But the names, they're really funny
The dwarves (yes, I use the word 'dwarves' like Tolkien used it): Dwalin, Balin, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur and Thorin.
The hobbit: Bilbo
The wizards: Gandalf and Radagast

In the beginning you have this part where you can read the lyrics of a song from the dwarves. It's so beautiful. And on YouTube I found a cover from someone who sang the whole song. I read the lyrics while listening to the cover and it gave me the shills. It was so beautiful and deep.

Overall I liked the movies more than the book. If I first read the book, I'd probably liked the book more than the movies, but I'm not sure.
And I won't read the LotR books because I think they will also be different.
(Sorry for those who loved the books, but I love the movies and I just don't want to be in a reading slump again. It was hard for me to read The Hobbit because I loved the movies and the book was different.)