Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close | Review

Title: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
Pages: 326 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Penguin
Rating: ★★★★★

Review
I think Jonathan Safran Foer is an amazing writer. He can describe things so beautiful and can give you so many things to think about. I think he could even write something silly and still make it beautiful. He has this beautiful way of writing things down. “The silence overtook me like a cancer”
I had heavy boots while reading this novel. It was so hard for Oskar to go visit all the Blacks and actually it was for nothing. There were even moments when I had tears in my eyes and after finishing the novel, very late (1:43AM), I kept thinking about it. Thinking about what 9/11 caused, what wars can cause: “It doesn't matter what uniforms the soldiers are wearing. It doesn't matter how good the weapons are. I thought if everyone could see what I saw, we would never have war anymore.” Or in my case if everyone could read what I read, we would never have ware anymore. And thinking about what if this all was real, what if Oskar never knew his grandfather and had to visit all the Blacks.

This novel is just amazing, beautiful and heartbreaking. And for those who haven’t read Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, go to the library, a bookstore or borrow it from a friend!